E-commerce website testing
eCommerce Website Testing requires knowledge of web testing techniques and the e-commerce domain. Most E-commerce Websites share a general common theme and structure, e.g: Homepage, Search Results Page, Product Details Page, Order Form Page, Order Confirmation Page, Login Form Page, and Accounts Pages. Of course, there are many other pages on a typical e-commerce website, but the main core user journey would entail touching the above pages and that’s where testing e-commerce websites should focus on The Checkout Journey.
Oracle/ATG Web Commerce is a leading cross-channel platform. Its Business Intelligence combines data about customer behavior on the website as well as demographic data via different channels. That allows your website to give the best matching product based on your customers’ interests and increase online sales. The Most Important Ecommerce Features Include:
- Content management capabilities
- Promotion and discount code tools
- An easy-to-use checkout
- Search engine optimized code and layout
- Reporting tools
- An integrated blog or articles section
- Email marketing integration
- Multiple payment options (Credit card, PayPal, PO, Terms, etc.)
- The ability to scale up with your platform
Best e-commerce testing platform
Here is a list of tools to test your website. There are usability tools to test customer behavior. And there are performance tools to measure a website’s speed, browser compatibility, and search-engine-optimization performance:
- Concept Feedback
- Crazy Egg.
- Feedback Army.
Testing ideas for Ecommerce
E-commerce A/B Test Ideas Backed by UX Research
- Prominent section for sales and specials.
- Emphasize wide-appeal products.
- Make the search bar more prominent.
- Add a site-wide benefits bar below the header.
- Level-up your product description copy.
- Use product videos and test autoplay with captions.
- Ask for email first on checkout.
- Make the shopping cart persistent.
Best Practices in Automation Testing of E-commerce sites
Here are the best test automation websites to practice testing using Selenium Webdriver.
- UltimateQA Practice site
- Awful Valentine
- Dave Haeffner’s Practice Site
- Fake Online Investment Site
- QTP Tutorial’s Test Automation Practice Page
- PHP Travels
- Mercury Tours
- Sample E-Commerce Site
23 Tools to Test your E-commerce Site
Here are the best 23 Tools to Test your E-commerce Site.