Building applications for each platform–iPhone, Android, Windows and more–requires different frameworks and languages.
PhoneGap solves this by using standards-based web technologies to bridge web applications and mobile devices. Since PhoneGap apps are standards compliant, they’re future-proofed to work with browsers as they evolve. Read an in-depth post explaining PhoneGap visually.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: PhoneGap offers the highest level of cross-platform compatibility supporting 8 different mobile app development platforms comprised of iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows, web OS, Symbian, Bada and Tizen.
- Accessibility to Native APIs: PhoneGap equips your mobile app developers with an access to native APIs so your app can make the most of camera, accelerometer, geolocation, contacts, and other native features.
- Investment: When you have tight budgets or you want optimum leverage within the lowest investments, PhoneGap is your tool. Not only will it be cost effective to create single PhoneGap mobile app that operates smoothly on all platforms, but you will be free from the cumbersome process of finding the right team.
- Ideal for Big Business Models: With the prevalence and implementation of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) in enterprises, mobility management (or EMM) is certainly a challenge.
- Robust Backend: PhoneGap provides a highly innovative backend system that can be assisted in high-speed development that reduces development efforts. For first time developers, this cross-platform framework has a beginner’s guide that speeds up the process further.
- Open Source Nature: The best feature of this framework is its importantly free software because of its open source license. It means that the PhoneGap community instantly compiles new code and modules, which can be picked up for free of cost; therefore, developers can get more help.